21 February 2009

A city so nice they named it twice.

Well, I have returned from my reading-week excursion to NYC, where I went with my best friend (B) who is from BC and therefore had not been to New York before.
I have been to New York many, many times before.
It was very different to be there as a tourist, though, and a pseud0-adult one, at that. Strange to be unable to drink when we went to a club for a concert one evening and again when we went out for really outstanding Italian food (the waiter brought us a wine list, at least. He thought we were Old.) We took the subway all the way downtown to see the Statue of Liberty and all the way uptown to see friends at Colombia, who showed us where to get a slice of pizza twice the size of your face. (This was quite possibly the highlight of the trip for me. There truly is nothing like New York pizza.) We went into Tiffany's across from the New York Stock Exchange on Wall Street and, despite our ragged appearances (it was raining) were permitted to look around the store.
We even saw Phantom of the Opera.
And my French Grandmother.

Overall a successful trip.
Though I'm sure it resulted in about the most boring blog post ever.
Sorry.

1 comment:

Suburban Sweetheart said...

I thought that Walla Walla, Washington was the city so nice they named it twice?!? Anyway, I'm dying to get to NYC to visit Becca & maybe hit up a Broadway show, but I hate venturing outside the District. Lame, I know. ;)