04 July 2008

Word to the Wise

Often when I am reluctant to go out (aka, every time I go out) people try to convince me using the following: "What's the worst that can happen? You might have a good time?"

DO NOT LISTEN TO SUCH NONSENSE.
There are worse things than having a good time. For example, you might end up in a gay club with lots of straight, humping-style couples, and no single straight men. They might be playing Britney Spears music. There might be forty-something year old men not wearing shirts. They (the club, not the gay men) might give you liquor.
And then you might walk the mile back to your dorm in high heels and ruin any resemblance your feet once had to being, you know, useful.

On the upside, you might talk to your far-away best friend for the entirety of the twenty minutes that the walk to your dorm might take. She might suggest the two of you go on a cruise for Christmas (if only you'll stop pestering her about coming to your school in the fall.)
Then you might get back to said dorm and have very pleasant conversations with some people for, you know, several hours. And eat mini-pizzas.

So I had a pretty good night, then. Not a total waste, anyway.
And I'm very impressed that I'm mature enough to know when I'm not having a good time somewhere and am able to actually, you know. Fix it.
Good for me.

No comments: