01 July 2008

Thank You, Mr. President.

Barack Obama ruined my day.
I don't want to influence anyone's vote, but man did he ruin my day.

I work with a few Canadians, so for Canada Day a bunch of us were going to go have lunch at the Canadian Embassy, by the Capitol.
I even wore a red dress.
So did one of the people at my office. One wore Roots gear.

Then this morning I heard this: "We can't go to Canada. Something is happening." Something? "Something with Barack Obama."

Super.

So we didn't go. Why? Because Obama, my very own senator from Illinois, gave this speech about Faith-Based Initiatives.
So, that was, you know. Nice for me.

I especially like the bit about, well...all of it really. What a super reason to miss Canada Day.

And, as a result, on of the women in the office where I work and I had to wear matching outfits all day and we didn't even get to go to Canada.

No comments: