22 December 2008

Bad choices and Beavers (part une)

So my best friend, who we shall refer to as B, recommended over the summer that I buy my father, a curler, "Men with Brooms," a curling movie.
B is a bit of a slut (I can't remember if she's been discussed previously) so I was a bit concerned about buying him this movie. But I did, and gave it to him tonight for Hannukah, and now we are watching it.
Together.
Unfortunately, B is a slut, and this movie is the Canadian version of "American Pie". But with curling. And beavers.

In the current scene, the main characters, who are essentially huge thirty-something bums with beavers tattooed on their chests just got out of the hearse they were riding in after having their asses whooped by old men at curling in order to remove a road block of BEAVERS.
There were so many beavers!!!

Anyway, I can appreciate such things, being pseudo-Canadian, as we all know. Beavers make me smile with a joy that can only be known by one who lives in Land of Moose and Beaver (Ontario) and expects to see beavers, moose, polar bears or similar walking down the street at random.
My father does not see the joy in the beavers.

There's really a lot of sex in this movie. Now is a scene of someone jerking off. It's very inappropriate for me to be watching with my non-Canadian father. Has led to several v. awkward moments thus far.
Also, beavers make a really stupid noise when they are blocking the road.

I'm pretty sure he's confused as to why I gave him "American Pie"-esque movie for Jewish holiday.

In other news, latkes made with a combination of white and orange potatoes and then fried as per usual, are really best.

No comments: