30 December 2008

Bad choices and Beavers (part deux)

So somehow my family found itself wholly unable to communicate with one another while making plans for this winter break. I was told that I had to find something to do with myself for New Year's other than what I usually do, which is bum around at my aunt's house. So I was going to go back to Canada. Plan was, I'd drive the 6 hours to Kingston, spend the night in my empty house, then drive 4 more hours up to C's house and spend New Year's with her.

I woke up this morning not so excited to hop in the car. I had some things to do before leaving--my grandmother came over for breakfast, I went grocery shopping (during which the trunk of my car slammed into my head, another reason why I wasn't so keen on driving today), etc. and suddenly it was 1, not 11 when I had wanted to go. My cousin and my aunt had been saying I should stay, and by 1 I was not at all sure I wanted to drive to the Wasteland. So I stayed and had lunch...at 2:30.

Then I called C and canceled my plans with her. I feel bad, I love C and this is the second time I was supposed to see her family and bailed.
But I'm perfectly happy to keep doing nothing here in USA. We play games, watch movies, eat food, go shopping--none of which I would be doing tonight if I was in Kingston like I was supposed to be.

My father is a little disappointed that I didn't go. I think he's worried about me--I don't have a problem with driving normally--but he says it's fine for me to stay as long as I do my homework. What a good dad.
So here I am blogging instead of doing my work...

No comments: