17 December 2008

Pierced.

So I've been thinking a lot about people who have piercings (and tattoos) in unusual places. A good friend of mine revealed yesterday that he has a fairly... um. Anyway, a piercing. And I'm trying to figure out why one would have an unusual piercing. To get noticed? To intrigue?

Anyway, I suppose this goes back to closed-mindedness and no accepting different things. I have my ears pierced but I never wear earrings (this isn't because I have a problem with earrings, it's because my ears are different lengths and I don't like my earlobes very much) so I guess I don't understand why anyone would want piercings in other places. My friend AS got his eyebrow pierced last year. It didn't really match his personality, but we loved him anyway. R has her nose pierced. I don't like it very much, but she does. It is important not to forget my best friend who got drunk last year and stuck a thumb-tack through her lip, and so now has a lip piercing which, on her, I don't completely hate. My cousin has one, too. Her parents aren't big fans. A friend from home wants to get second piercings on her ears this weekend (which is what brought this topic up in the first place.) This friend only got the first piercings done a year and a half ago, and wasn't really the bravest person in doing it. I can't really understand why she wants second ones. But she does, so, fine, I suppose.

But then we get back to my gentleman friend whose piercing departs from the usual canvas of his face. (This, by the way, is the gentleman friend on whom I am crushing. Can I have relations with someone with such an unusual...addition?) Which is where the concern comes from.

So the gist of it is, I must learn to be accepting, and not desert my relationship with my gentleman friend just because he's done something unusual to himself. I would miss him too much.
I will learn to be accepting and maybe someday I will understand.
Maybe.

No comments: